Minced beef and veg pie with mash & onion gravy. Originally, Shepherd's Pie was made with ground lamb, but the Americanized version usually swaps the lamb for ground beef (although if you really want, can use lamb instead!). Peel and small dice your carrots and parsnips (say ½ inch dice). Small dice your small yellow onion.
Classic comfort food, made with readily available ground beef, sautéed mushrooms and vegetables, and a rich savory gravy sauce, all topped with fluffy mashed potatoes. Prepare instant mashed potatoes following box directions. Add the beef mixture to casserole dish. You act boiling grill Minced beef and veg pie with mash & onion gravy working 11 prescription furthermore 8 along with. Here you are cook.
program of Minced beef and veg pie with mash & onion gravy
- Prepare of Roll of puff pastry.
- It's of Chopped onion, carrots and celery.
- Prepare of mince.
- It's of tomato purée.
- It's of Stock.
- You need of Sliced onion.
- It's of Gravy granules.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It's of butter.
- Prepare of Mash to serve.
- It's of Egg to glaze.
Add the vegetables and spread evenly. Add large spoonfuls of the mashed potatoes over the vegetables. In a large skillet over high, melt remaining tablespoon butter. Remove meat from pan, leaving drippings.
Minced beef and veg pie with mash & onion gravy prescription
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes in salted water for mash. Cook veg in oil for about 2-3 mins. Add mince and brown. When browned, add purée and stock cube. You might need a little water. Cook for about 20 mins.
- Turn on the oven to 180. Cut pastry into triangles. Sauce should be quite dense by now.
- Add a spoonful of sauce to pastry. Fold up to make a pie from middle point first. Glaze with egg. Bake for 20 mins.
- Potatoes should be nearly done.
- Melt some butter in a pan. Soften onions for about 3-4 mins. Add 2-3 ladles of potato water to onions. Add granules to make your gravy. Stir on medium for about 3-4 mins.
- Take out the pies, mash potatoes with a knob of butter if desired..
- Add your onion gravy on top and enjoy :).
Our ground beef and mashed potato casserole is a version of the classic Shepherd's Pie. This casserole was easy to put together and so full of flavor. Cheesy Shepherd Pie Ingredients Minced Beef and Onion Pies are a satisfying and comforting meal when served with mushy peas and mashed potato. If you're familiar with British cuisine, you'll know we like our savory meat pies. Also known as savory mince pies (or savoury mince pies if you're in the UK), different from the popular sweet mince pies that are served at.