Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗. If you're watching salt, omit it from each handheld to save In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place lettuce and tomato on bun bottoms; top with chicken salad. This Chinese smashed cucumber salad with bits of shredded chicken is so fast and easy.
While grill heats, to prepare cucumber salad, combine remaining ingredients in another medium bowl; set aside. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Serve chicken with cucumber salad and peanut sauce for dipping. You create stewing mull Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗 employing 20 receipt moreover 11 moreover. Here you are bring off.
receipt of Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗
- It's of Chicken satay.
- It's of Thumb size piece fresh ginger.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- It's 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of medium curry powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of smooth peanut butter.
- Prepare 500 g of chicken breast strips.
- You need 165 ml of coconut milk.
- You need of Glug olive oil.
- Prepare of Cucumber salad.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber.
- You need 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of golden caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- You need of Small bunch coriander leaves.
- You need of To serve.
- You need of White boiled rice.
- You need of Lime wedges.
For the salad, rinse, peel, and slice the cucumber. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan. Place the chicken on skewers, and cook on all sides until golden brown. Jump to the Lemon Chicken Breast Recipe with Cucumber Salad or read on to see our tips for making it.
Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗 ingredients
- Peel and grate the ginger and add to a bowl..
- Crush the garlic and add to the ginger..
- Zest the lime and add to the garlic and ginger. Cut the lime and squeeze all the juice into the bowl..
- Now add the honey, soy, curry powder, peanut butter and stir well. If it’s a bit thick add some water till you have the consistency of thick cream..
- Remove 2/3rds of the mixture and put into a saucepan..
- On a chopping board with a roll pin whack the chicken till it’s in thin strips. Now add this to the bowl with the 1/3rd peanut mixture. Leave to marinade..... ⏰.
- Add the rice on to cook. I use 1/4 mug rice per person and double the amount of cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and let simmer for 12mins..
- In the saucepan with the peanut mixture add the coconut milk and simmer for 10mins..
- Meanwhile add the chicken onto skewers (try to keep them flat so they cook quickly). Put some oil in a frying pan and fry on a medium heat - 5 mins on each side till thoroughly cooked through..
- Whilst the chicken is cooking prep the salad. Add the vinegar, sugar, sweet chilli and coriander to a bowl. Using a spiraliser or a peeler make strips off cucumber and add to the mixture..
- Serve up together and enjoy..
This recipe makes chicken that's unbelievably tender, juicy and flavorful. It's effortless to make with cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, and a lemon dill dressing. This chicken salad was a amazing and a refreshing change to normal chicken salad. I used less carrots than called for - subbed curry powder for the cumin (I don't like it) and added a dash of red pepper flakes for a little bite. Smashed Cucumber Salad is a "thing" in Asia!