Black Tea Marinated Eggs & Tofu. The tea eggs have a beautiful marbled surface. They are simmered in a savory liquid with star anise, cinnamon sticks, Sichuan peppercorns, and black Transfer the eggs to a quart-size ziplock bag, then carefully pour in the marinade along with the dry ingredients. Marinated or seasoned eggs is one of my favorite ways to eat soft boiled eggs (and even hard boiled eggs).
I love Chinese tea leaf eggs. Always takes longer to make than you'd think though. This version is okay but search around for other versions on the internet for What I usually do is that I just throw the eggs in with the sauce in the initial boil and simmer for a few hours and just let it marinate in the fridge in a. You operate boiling pressure-cook Black Tea Marinated Eggs & Tofu adopting 15 process and 6 furthermore. Here is how you score.
technique of Black Tea Marinated Eggs & Tofu
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 pack of hard tofu.
- Prepare 1 tsp of peppercorn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sichuan peppers.
- You need 25 g of cubed rock sugar.
- It's 2 slices of crushed ginger.
- It's 10 g of cinnamon.
- You need 4 of star anise.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4-5 of black tea bags.
- Prepare 80 ml of dark soy sauce.
- It's 40 ml of soy sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of salt.
- It's 30 g of rice wine/cooking wine.
- You need 1 liter of water.
For the tea eggs, make tea using whatever variety you have on hand. Black tea is usually preferred, but other teas could lend interesting flavors as well. Marinated eggs may not be the most usual topping in American ramen, but once you try it, you'll find yourself wanting to keep a few of these tasty. Gently lower eggs into a large saucepan of boiling water.
Black Tea Marinated Eggs & Tofu modus operandi
- Boil the eggs (medium heat) for about 5 minutes. Cool it down with cold water, let it sit while preparing the pot of marinade.
- Put everything into the 1 litre of water aside from the cooking wine, eggs, & tofu. If you have a bag to put everything to cook, it will be easier to remove all the spices. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Using a spoon, make crack patterns to the shells of the eggs so that when you peel it later, it has pretty zigzag patterns and the marinade absorbs nicely into the eggs. Cut up the tofu into small strips or pieces to also be soaked in the marinade..
- Remove all the spices from the marinade, put the eggs and tofu into the pot of marinade and cook with the tea bags for about 10 minutes..
- Remove the tea bags and turn off the heat. Add in the cooking wine and stir to have it blended. The eggs & tofu should sit in the marinade for at least 6 hours before it is ready to be served..
- Recommend peeling the egg shells after 6 hours. I prefer enjoying the marinated eggs & tofu cold. Some people like to reheat the bowl before serving. Enjoy!.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice Let the eggs marinate for at least three days in the fridge. Tried them after an hour, not much flavor. After one day, they just tasted like soy sauce. I did a barbecue marinated chicken thigh and it was delicious. Tea eggs (茶葉雞蛋) are simple things really - hard-boiled eggs, steeped in a marinade made with Consider your egg size: I like to use large eggs.