Damper (Australian Soda Bread). Damper is an Australian soda bread traditionally made in the wilderness using the coals/ashes of a campfire or greased camp oven. Originally, it was unleavened and formed with only flour, salt, and water (the only supplies available). We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Damper is an iconic Australian dish. It is also made in camping situations in New Zealand and the United Kingdom, and has been for many decades. The Best Australian Bread Recipes on Yummly You bring about stewing sizzle Damper (Australian Soda Bread) proving 10 prescription together with 4 so. Here you go realize.
ingredients of Damper (Australian Soda Bread)
- It's 2 cups of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 30 g of Butter *chilled, cubed.
- You need 3/4 cup of Milk OR Water.
- It's of <Additional Ingredients>.
- You need of - Shredded Tasty Cheese (Cheddar), Fetta,.
- You need of - Parsley, Chives, Rosemary.
- It's of - Bacon, Corned Beef.
- You need of - Spinach, Semi-dried Tomatoes, Olives.
- It's of - Dried Fruit.
Damper - Australian Soda Bread, Cheese And Chive Damper (australian Soda Bread), Damper (traditional Australian Soda Bread) Damper is the bush-bread of Australia. Drovers (cowboys) baked Damper in camp ovens buried in the hot ashes of their camp fires in the Outback, but if you don"t want to build a camp fire in your backyard, damper can also be baked in a normal kitchen oven. To eat a damper: Cut the damper into rustic chunky slices, spread a liberal amount of butter on the damper and top with either jam, honey or. The best Cheese and Chive Damper (Australian Soda Bread) recipe you will ever find.
Damper (Australian Soda Bread) modus operandi
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper..
- Combine Flour and Salt in a large bowl. Cut the chilled Butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Using fingertips, rub the Butter pieces into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs..
- Add Milk and additional ingredients if you add any, stir and bring the mixture together. On a lightly floured surface, shape into a ball..
- Place the ball of dough on the prepared tray, flatten slightly, cut a shallow cross on top. Bake at 180℃ for 30 minutes or until golden and hollow when tapped..
Welcome to RecipesPlus, your premier destination for delicious and dreamy food inspiration. Australian Soda Bread also known as Damper, is best served drizzled with honey, explains Maria Goretti. She shares the step-by-step recipe for this yummy bread. Damper is an Australian soda bread traditionally made in the wilderness using the coals/ashes of a campfire or greased camp oven. Originally, it was unleavened and formed with only flour, salt, and water (the only supplies available).