Mallorca Bread. Pan de Mallorca (mallorca bread) originates from E nsaïmades bread from the Spanish island of Majorca, which is why we call it mallorca bread. But like much of Puerto Rican cuisine we adopted it and made it part of our culture. Mallorca bread can be found in most local Puerto Rican reposteria (bakery) along with many Puerto rican treats.
The Weekends are different for all of us. Mallorca bread is a sweet fluffy buttery egg bread. It is perfect to have sliced and buttered with your coffee or you can also have a savory version with a slice of ham and Swiss. You discharge grilling steam Mallorca Bread adopting 12 program also 5 together with. Here you go put it over.
receipt of Mallorca Bread
- Prepare 2 of and 1/4 tsp active dry yeast.
- It's 1/2 C of warm water (105-115°F).
- It's 3/4 C of warm milk.
- Prepare 1/2 C of melted butter.
- You need of (Plus 4tbsp for brushing on bread).
- Prepare 1/3 C of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks (large eggs).
- Prepare 3 of and 1/2 - 4 C flour.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare of (Dusting the bread).
Pan de Mallorca (mallorca bread) originates from Ensaïmades bread from the Spanish island of Majorca. Mallorca bread is a common bread in most former Spanish territories in Latin America and the Philippines. Thank you, Lord, for being born in a place where Mallorca's exist!! The best part is that you don't need to fly to P.
Mallorca Bread little by little
- Prepare all ingredients - melt butter. Warm milk. Prepare egg yolks..
- In a mixing bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water. Let this mixture stand for 5mins or until it is foamy. Add the milk, 1/2 C melted butter, sugar, salt, egg yolks & vanilla extract. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined..
- Add the flour gradually while stirring, adding only enough just until the dough turns into a shaggy mass. Stir the dough with a wooden spoon until it gathers in the center of the bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or greased cling film. Let the dough rise for 1 and 1/2 hours. This dough rises well..
- Deflate the dough. (This dough is sticky, dont be tempted to add more flour. Flour hands & working station). Transfer to a generously floured board, devide the big dough into two. Then, roll the dough to a thin rectangle. Brush melted butter all over the dough. Cut the long side of the dough into long strips using a pizza cutter or a knife. Roll the strips into coils or spirals (see picture). Arrange them on a baking pan that is lined with baking paper. Cover and let rise for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 160°C & bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden. Note: Ovens vary considerably. Pls adjust heating/heating times if necessary. Leave to cool. Sprinkle icing sugar before serving..
R. to have a good Mallorca. As a good hostess, I will share this recipe with you! So enjoy this pinch of sugar!! This version of Mallorca is super soft, airy and melt in your mouth. This buttery, egg-rich No-Knead Mallorca Bread is a great addition to your go-to bread recipes.