Spinach pottage. Increase heat to medium-high, and stir in spinach. Transfer soup in batches to blender or food processor, and purée until soup is smooth. (Or purée soup in pot using an immersion blender.) Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Return soup to pot, and keep warm.
When it comes to food, pottage was one of the best-known staples of the medieval diet and cabbage was widely available. A cabbage pottage recipe was therefore on the menu in many medieval English homes. In deed, cabbage pottage is a traditional food that has been handed down over the centuries. You close broiling french fry Spinach pottage proving 7 compound along with 4 and. Here you are rack up.
program of Spinach pottage
- Prepare 400 g of frozen spinach.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour (small).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of large tbsp sour cream.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Fried egg to serve with.
It always made with flour toasted on oil and sour cream. The pottage would have been made with whatever vegetables were in season. However, dried vegetables such as peas and beans were often served in Lent; by which time the winter food stocks were very low. This helped people survive until early spring produce (nettle tips, ground elder and spring greens) began to grow.
Spinach pottage procedure
- Boil the spinach in enough water to just cover it, with salt pepper and chopped garlic..
- In a separate pan add flour and oil and slowly heat them and stir them until it start to become toasted or smells like toast. (it starts to become lighter in colour).
- When the spinach is cooked blend them with a hand mixer. Add about 200ml of the spinach mix to the hot oil and flour mixture and quickly mix them by using a whisk. Try to make it lump free. Now return this back to the rest of the spinach and mix it will with the whisk..
- Stir in about a large tablespoon of sour cream (or 2 if you like sour cream like me) and it’s done. Remove it from the heat. Serve it with fried egg..
See more ideas about Food, Recipes, Medieval recipes. Hi guys! welcome back and hello to my new subbies! Thank you so much for all the comments on my previous videos. This roll gives the creamy texture to the spinach pottage. Once the spinach is cooked, remove from heat, add the rolls and purée in the pot using an immersion blender.