Duckstrami with Smashed Cucumbers. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. On a work surface, place a piece of cucumber Lay the blade of a large knife flat on top the cucumber and smash down lightly with your other hand. Sichuan-style smashed cucumbers are the simplest example of one of these dishes, and coincidentally my favorite one.
This is a light and refreshing cold dish for hot summers, popular on Chinese restaurant menus and in home cooking kitchen. This is Elaine's newly upgrade version with the extra step of marinating the. Smashing the cucumbers helped release their seeds and created rough surfaces for the dressing to cling to. You wrap up roasting heat Duckstrami with Smashed Cucumbers testing 16 receipt than 3 and. Here you go produce.
prescription of Duckstrami with Smashed Cucumbers
- You need 2 of duck breasts, skin on.
- You need 20 of g/¾oz fine sea salt.
- You need 2 tsp of soft dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 4 of juniper berries, ground.
- It's 2 of bay leaves, finely crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed spice.
- It's 1 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- It's 4 of spring onions, trimmed and cut diagonally, to garnish.
- Prepare of steamed jasmine or long-grain rice, to serve.
- It's of for the rub.
- It's 2 tsp of coriander seeds, toasted and crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of vegetable oil, for brushing.
Easy smashed cucumber for hot summer day. Smashed Cucumber Salad is a "thing" in Asia! Cucumbers bashed so they burst open so the dressing drips into all the cracks and crevices. I'll take my cucumbers SMASHED thanks!!
Duckstrami with Smashed Cucumbers in succession
- To make the duck, score the duck skin in a crosshatch pattern. Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl and rub all over the duck. Place in the fridge for 24 hours..
- To make the pastrami rub, mix together the coriander seeds and pepper. Remove the duck from the fridge, take out of the bowl, wash off and pat dry with kitchen towels. Brush the meat side of the duck with a little vegetable oil and generously apply half of the pastrami rub. Heat a dry frying pan over a medium–hot heat, cook the duck skin-side down for 3 minutes and then sear the other side for 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Leave to rest..
- To serve, slice the duck breasts, Garnish with the spring onions and remaining pastrami rub and serve with the steamed rice.
This Cucumber Salad is made using an Asian technique - bashing the cucumbers so they burst open and the. Smashed cucumbers, or pai huang gua, is a Sichuan dish that is typically served with rich, spicy food. We started with English cucumbers, which are nearly seedless and have thin, crisp skins. Bring out the cast iron skillet or even just a heavy pot and give them a healthy smack or two. While the cucumbers for this salad could be daintily sliced or diced, they're instead smashed.