Simple red lentil curry. Get the recipe for Red Lentil Curry. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Add the lentils, stock, salt and browned sweet potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil over high. Yellow split peas is a terrific substitution though the cook times do differ (see recipe notes). Other lentils can be used as well - see notes for directions and notes on other lentil types. You do ones thing sizzling seethe Simple red lentil curry using 17 prescription together with 3 than. Here is how you get there.
receipt of Simple red lentil curry
- Prepare 300 grams of red lentils.
- You need 200 ml of coconut cream.
- You need 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of gloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2.5 cm of fresh ginger.
- You need Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- It's Half of teaspoon cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of corriandar powder.
- Prepare 2 of green finger sized chillies.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- You need 2 of cardamoms.
- It's Half of teaspoon black peppers.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's 1 table spoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges to serve.
- You need of Fresh mint leaves for garnish.
- Prepare as needed of Butter or ghee.
Dal Spices- Dal is made with far less spices than most Indian curries! This recipe calls for a simple combination of cumin, garam masala and turmeric. A creamy Red Lentil Dahl which is comforting, hearty, flavorful, and delicious. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and easy to make.
Simple red lentil curry technique
- Melt butter/ghee in the pot. Fry onions until they change colour. Put ginger and garlics and chillies in food processor or chopper. Add ginger and garlic and chillies to pot. Saute few seconds until you feel the aroma..
- Add cloves,cardamoms turmeric, cumin and corriandar and saute few seconds. Wash and drain red lentils two times and add them to the pot..
- Add tomato paste, salt and enought water. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot until lentils half cooked(about 10 minutes). Add coconut cream. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes. Add black pepper.Discard cardamoms and cloves. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve with naan or plain steamed rice and lemon wedges.I did not have fresh mint at home. That is why I used dried mint as you see in the photo..
The Spicy Red Lentil Curry is Amazing!! I read the recipe, got hungry and made it. It came out delicious and was easy to make. I didn't have tomato paste so I used Pomi chopped tomato and then didn't add the water. This recipe is going to be a regular staple in my house.