Caribbean Curry Goat with Roti.
You bring about frying scorch Caribbean Curry Goat with Roti employing 19 instructions than 7 moreover. Here you are get someplace.
method of Caribbean Curry Goat with Roti
- You need 500 g of Mutton.
- Prepare 2 of Large Potato.
- It's 2 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Curry Powder.
- It's 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- It's 1 Tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It's 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1 of Canned Coconut Milk.
- You need 1 of Scotch Bonnet.
- Prepare 360 g of Plain Flour.
- It's 1 Tsp of Sugar.
- It's 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 200 g of Warm Water.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
Caribbean Curry Goat with Roti step by step
- Season the Mutton with 1 Tsp Salt, the Cumin, Turmeric, 1 Tbsp Curry Powder, All Purpose, Black Pepper and Thyme. In a medium sized pot on high heat, add 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil and fry 1 chopped Onion and 2 crushed Garlic cloves. Sauté for a few minutes before adding the Mutton. Add a splash of oil should you require more to fry the meat..
- After a few minutes of browning the meat, add 1 tinned can of Coconut Milk and another 1 Tbsp Curry Powder. Turn the heat down to low, cover the pot and allow to simmer for 1 Hour before adding 1 whole Scotch Bonnet. Keep an eye on the curry should it require a top up of water..
- While the curry stews, add the Plain Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and 1 Tsp Salt to a large bowl to mix. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil. Start to mix and knead the dough using your hands whilst gradually adding warm water as you go to achieve the right sticky consistency. Roll the dough into a large ball and coat with either butter or oil and set aside covered with a damp tea towel for 15 minutes..
- After 15 minutes, the dough should have become plump. Split the dough into 6 pieces before leaving it in the bowl covered as you work with each piece..
- Sprinkle flour on countertop and using a rolling pin, roll out into a circle and brush a layer of melted butter and sprinkle flour. Using a butter knife, slice from the middle of the circle out to the edge and start to fold around until you have created a cone. Pinch both sides to secure the shape of the dough and using your thumb, press down into the pointy side of the dough until it flattens into a rose shape. Set back into the covered bowl for up to 2 hours..
- After 1 Hour, remove the Scotch Bonnet from the curry carefully without breaking/bursting it. Add the chopped Potatoes and taste whether the curry requires more seasoning. Allow the curry to simmer further until the potatoes have fully cooked, up to 30minutes..
- While the potatoes cook,.