Mattar Paneer. Matar paneer goes well with parathas or naan or cumin rice and even steamed rice. Vegan can substitute tofu with paneer and still enjoy the deliciousness. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry.
Matar Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes where paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) are simmered together in a luscious gravy made with tomatoes, onions and spices. paneer recipe with just peas and paneer cubes. moreover, this recipe can be extend to aloo matar recipe by replacing paneer with potato. while, my husband not so great fan of paneer recipes, but for. Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. It is often served with rice and an Indian type of bread (naan, paratha, poori, or roti depending on region). You act steeping pressure-cook Mattar Paneer using 22 process than 14 steps. Here is how you hit.
prescription of Mattar Paneer
- You need of For the gravy.
- It's 1 tbsp of oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium sized onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste (1" ginger, 2-3 cloves garlic.
- It's of For finishing the sabzi.
- Prepare of Butter/oil/ghee (butter tastes better!).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin-coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1/8 tsp of fennel powder (optional).
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cream (or butter and milk).
- You need 1/2 of " ginger, chopped.
- You need 1-2 of small green chilli, slits.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parboiled peas.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 cup of paneer, cubed, slightly roasted in oil.
How do you make Instant Pot Matar Paneer? Punjabi Style Matar Paneer Recipe: Cubed and fried paneer chunks, sauteed with peas, green chillies along with a host of spices, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Matar paneer is a delicious curry made of paneer cubes and fresh peas cooked in a rich, spicy and tangy gravy. Soft paneer and green peas cooked in onion tomato gravy.
Mattar Paneer compound
- For the gravy, add oil to a pan. Once it's hot, add cashew and roast them until they are light brown..
- Add onions and salt and cook until golden..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell fades..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mushy..
- Once done, let it cool down and then blend to a paste..
- For finishing the sabzi, add butter (preferred) or oil to pan. Add jeera after it gets hot..
- Once it sizzles, add onions and cook till translucent..
- Add all the dry spices EXCEPT garam masala and kasuri methi; cook for 2-3 min. If it seems like the spices are burning, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Add coriander and cook for a minute..
- Add the gravy made earlier, tomato ketchup and cream (or butter and milk). Mix well..
- Add peas, ginger and green chilli. Add water to adjust consistency..
- Cook for 2-3 min and add the paneer cubes (lightly roasted in oil earlier).
- At the end, add garam masala and kasuri methi..
- Mattar paneer is ready! Serve hot with paratha or rice!.
Cook Restaurant Style Matar Paneer With These Two Methods. Matar Paneer is a simple North Indian food recipe prepare with green peas and cottage cheese that are cooked in a creamy tomato based curry. Goes well with roti and naan. What I love about matar paneer is that it is so fuss free to cook. Sometimes I add chunks of the A perfect choice for vegetarians and definitely a good one for paneer lovers - this cottage cheese.