Black Sticky Rice porridge. Continue to cook the rice, covered, until the water is almost entirely absorbed. It may look like Filipino champorado but it isn't. This is bubur pulut hitam in Malaysia and Sumatra, and bubur ketan hitam in the rest of Indonesia.
Bubur Ketan Hitam - Glutinous Black Rice Sweet Porridge. Bubur ketan hitam, also known as bubur pulut hitam or bubur injun, is a popular Indonesian sweet porridge from black glutinous rice (or black sticky rice), palm sugar, scented with pandan leaves, and eaten with thick coconut milk. This simple dessert is not only popular in Indonesia, but also throughout most other Southeast Asian and. You finish grilling scorch Black Sticky Rice porridge proving 5 technique along with 3 including. Here you go realize.
compound of Black Sticky Rice porridge
- Prepare 200 grams of black glutinous rice.
- You need 2 pcs of pandan leaves, knotted.
- It's 150-200 grams of white sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut cream or coconut milk.
Thai black rice is a type of whole grain glutinous rice usually eaten in Thailand for dessert. Unlike Chinese black rice, also known as forbidden rice, black rice from Thailand is variegated in color, with a nutty taste and sticky texture when cooked. Hi everyone welcome to channel Khmer name to day i show you about Sticky Rice Porridge and Black Eyed Peas Pudding, Khmer Dessert Recipe. It's delicious and you can try to cook at home.
Black Sticky Rice porridge procedure
- Soak glutinous rice for few hours or overnight. After few rinses, put the rice in a pot, add water to cover the rice up to 1 inch on top of the rice. Add the pandan leaves and bring to boil. Cook till the rice has expanded, soft and slightly mushy; like porridge texture.
- Add the sugar and salt and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Add the coconut milk/cream (saving few tablespoons to drizzle on top when serving) and let simmer again for another 5 minutes. Turn the heat off..
- Ransfer into individual bowls, drizzle a teaspoon of the coconut cream and serve warm. #buburpuluthitam.
Glutinous black rice, also known as sticky black rice, is the unpolished, whole grain of traditional sticky white rice, commonly served in Asian restaurants, especially Thai. Despite its name, the color of the rice is closer to a deep, dark purple. The great thing about this kind of sweet porridge is that cooking is very simple, basically just throw everything into the pot, minus sugar, and cook until thick and tender, the aim is really to get a good porridge like texture and consistency, then add sugar and cook until completely dissolves. It is an unpolished sticky rice, meaning the bran has not been removed, is purplish black in colour and has a chewy texture. It has a nutty flavour and naturally sweet.