You wrap up steaming fix Butter Chicken applying 25 procedure moreover 8 as well as. Here you are consummate.
receipt of Butter Chicken
- Prepare of For the chicken marinade.
- Prepare 800 g of boneless and skinless chicken cut into bit sized pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- It's 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It's 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It's 1 teaspoon of mild chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's of For the Sauce.
- It's 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 1 tablespoon of butter + 1 tablespoon oil).
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced or chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced.
- It's 1 1/2 tablespoons of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need 400 g of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 cup of single/double cream.
- It's 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Butter Chicken step by step
- In a bowl, combined chicken with all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade: let marinate for 30 mins to an hour (or overnight for more flavourful chicken)..
- Heat oil in a large pan or pot over medium-high heat. When sizzling, add chicken pieces in batches of two or three, making sure not to crowd the pan. Fry until browned for only 3 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm. (You will finish cooking the chicken in the sauce.).
- Heat butter or ghee in the same pan. Fry the onions until they start to sweat (about 6 minutes) while scraping up any browned bits stuck on the bottom of the pan..
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute until fragrant. Add ground coriander, cumin and garam masala. Let cook for about 20 seconds until fragrant, while stirring occasionally..
- Add plum tomatoes, tomato puree, chili powder and salt. Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens and becomes a deep brown red colour..
- Remove from heat, scoop mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water to help it blend (up to 1/4 cup). Work in batches depending on the size of your blender..
- Pour the puréed sauce back into the pan. Stir the cream & sugar. Add the chicken with juices back into the pan and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick and bubbling..
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with fresh, hot basmati rice..