Old skool cornflake tart. A shortcrust pastry base spread with strawberry jam and topped. This cornflake tart takes you right back to school days easy to make and very moorish. Dinner Lady - Cornflake Tart A true taste of the old school! cornflakes syrup cake.and a thick layer of strawberry jam.
A shortcrust pastry is topped with fruity jam and a chewy, sweet cornflake topping. Miss South makes a Northern Irish childhood school dinner classic, Cornflake Tart. Most people liked the chocolate sponge and custard best, but my favourite was the cornflake pudding. You fulfill steaming boil Old skool cornflake tart proving 10 procedure together with 10 including. Here you are nail it.
ingredients of Old skool cornflake tart
- Prepare 180 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 80 g of butter.
- It's 30 ml of water.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- You need 100 g of cornflakes.
- It's 2 tbsp of strawberry jam.
- Prepare 60 g of butter.
- Prepare 30 g of brown sugar.
- You need 30 g of agave/golden syrup.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
A slab of crumbly pastry topped with red jam and sweet crunchy. Hands up if you remember this one from school! Add cornflakes and coat entirely in the mix. Find cornflakes stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
Old skool cornflake tart method
- Make the pastry: cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour with your fingers until the whole thing looks like breadcrumbs..
- Add the water and combine with your hands to make one big dough ball. Wrap it in cling film and leave in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a pound..
- Rub some butter on to a tart tin and sprinkle on some flour over the butter. This will stop the pastry sticking..
- Place the pastry carefully over the tart tin and carefully press it into the gaps. Keep the overhanging bits on for now as it will shrink..
- Heat the oven to 160c (fan).
- Place some baking paper over the pastry and use either baking beans or something dried to weigh down the paper (I used lentils but have used rice in the past).
- Bake the pastry for about 15 mins. Then trim the edges and remove the baking paper and dried weight stuff. Bake for a further 5 mins..
- While the pastry cools slightly, making the filling. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan then remove the heat and add the cornflakes. Stir to coat the cornflakes..
- Spread the jam over the base of the tart then pour over the cornflakes. Bake in the oven for about 5 mins then leave to set in the tin for about 5 mins (we were naughty and went straight in!) serve with a nice blob of ice cream or some custard..
Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. A true taste of the old-school! Cornflake and syrup tart with a puncy layer of strawberry jam running through.. Cornflake Candy is another heritage recipe you may remember from your grandmother. They are a simple blend of sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and cornflake cereal that are a Christmas.