Chickpea Farinata with Rosemary. Try out this chickpea and rosemary pancake from Liguria. Farinata (also known as socca in France) is very quick to make and also naturally vegan and This tasty farinata recipe hails from Liguria and is made from nothing more than chickpea flour, water and olive oil. Simply flavoured with flaky sea salt.
A specialty of Italy's Liguria region (and virtually identical to the socca of Nice), it's a simple blend of chickpea flour, water, olive oil, a touch of sea salt, freshly ground. This chickpea and rosemary farinata is so delicious, gluten-free and healthy to create anytime of the year. It's a simple blend of chickpea flour, water and olive oil. You create stewing bake Chickpea Farinata with Rosemary using 7 method as well as 4 steps. Here is how you conclude.
instructions of Chickpea Farinata with Rosemary
- You need of Gram/besan flour.
- You need of warm water.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It's of rock salt.
- Prepare of Ground pepper.
- Prepare of fresh rosemary leaves.
- It's of olive oil for frying.
And a bit of fresh rosemary. This is essentially a large chickpea pancake from Provence (and neighboring Liguria, where it's called farinata). It's traditionally cooked in wood ovens Stir the onions and rosemary into the batter, then immediately pour the batter into the pan. Put the water into a large bowl.
Chickpea Farinata with Rosemary process
- Whisk together your warm water and Gram flour. Leave it to rest, ideally overnight but for at least 2 hours..
- When your ready to use the batter, whisk in the 3 tbsp olive oil, salt and some black pepper. Preheat your oven to 200 C..
- Heat an oven proof frying pan on the hob. Add the olive oil and heat until almost smoking. Add the rosemary and let it sizzle for a minute or so and flavour the oil. Then pour your batter into the pan, swirl it round to coat the bottom and let it sit on a medium heat for a few more minutes to form the base..
- Put the whole pan into the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until golden and firm on top. Cut into wedges and serve..
Gently pour in the chickpea flour, whisking to avoid lumps. Add the pepper and salt, stir, and allow to sit in a warm place for at least two hours. Sprinkle the rosemary leaves over the top and return to the oven. The first time I tried farinata, the baked chickpea pancake from Italy, it was dry as particleboard. The second and third times were just as bad.